Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Try To Remember

Think back, to when you were five years old again. It's your first day of school. All at once you are terrified, excited and nervous enough to pee your pants. It's hard to imagine that you would ever have that feeling again. Through these twisted years you've felt every imaginable emotion you consider to be possible. Nothing compares to that butterflies in your stomach, hair knotting, grin bearing feeling of the first day of school. I'm not here to talk about that though. What I'm talking about is your last day of school. These twelve years have flown by as fast as a G6 (I'm not actually sure how fast that is, but the song makes them seem pretty fly). As the end nears people often say you see your life flash before your eyes. I've only been alive for seventeen years; lets just say there was not much to see. This ending though is something referred to as "the beginning." I'm not a fan of cliches though. The beginning was when I, being an embryo, implanted myself into my mother's uterus' lining. You can thank Mr. Haberstock for that insight. Graduation is simply the rising action. Its not the climax of life and if it was for you, I'm very sorry to hear. The last day of school has yet to come but I can already feel the pressure building. No, not the pressures of entering the "real world." The pressure that one day I am going to fall asleep and not have to wake up at six-thirty, rush to make myself look presentable and literally run to catch the bus that takes me to this prison! Uh..I mean wonderfully amazing school! When the moment comes for me to walk across that vast staging unit, I know what feeling will overcome me. That, ants in your pants, head spinning and bra burning freedom of graduation.

2 comments:

Erik Bakkeren said...

It was entertaining to read. Great work. I really enjoyed all the references to different things.

She Created said...

lol, brysha you're hilarious. I'll let you know about my own "bra burning freedom" experiences after grad ;) good job lady :) <3