Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tying The Knot, Was Not A Good Idea


"Lewis?" Fiona tested.
"Mhmm." was his grunted response.
"Lewis," she demanded, "there is something I need to tell you."
Without glancing up from his paper he murmured, "Yes dear."
"You're not even listening!" she screamed into his ear.
"What is it Fiona? Can't you see I'm busy?"
"You are always busy! You never have time for me, or the god damn kids."
"That's just not true!"
"Oh? How is it not?"
"Well, um-"
"Exactly! You are always doing work or you're always out with the boys. You are never home anymore."
"I'm home right now aren't I?"
"I can't believe you just said that! When are you going to figure it out that I am miserable? It's exhausting being a single mom, while still being married. It's ridiculous to explain to the teachers of OUR children why I am the only one they ever meet with. I am done with all of this!"
"Is that what your upset about darling? The fact that Parent/Teacher interviews slipped my mind?" Lewis said pleasantly as he returned to his paper, "Now now sweetheart, don't fret."
"This is all I ever get from you! I married you because I loved you. Now, I'm not so sure."
Lewis was shocked. Sure they had had fights in the past but none so appalling as this one. To think that he could lose his beloved wife nearly ripped his heart out.
"Fiona, you know I love you don't you?"
"I don't know anything about you anymore."
"I am so sorry."
"I'm afraid it's too late. I'm leaving in the morning."
"Please Fiona! You just can't leave me!" he pleaded. Fiona looked away, "I need time to think" she whispered. Lewis turned her face towards his, "I love you."
"Good night Lewis."

2 comments:

R. Van Camp said...

4 of 4 assignments complete. Writing is quite polished; good detail. I like your approach in the cllege application.

R. Van Camp said...

Is it a bit ironic that I commented on how polished your writing was and then misspelled college?